"A BETTER approach to Primary Health and chronic disease prevention/screening"
Dr. Kris Aubrey-Bassler, a family physician in St. John’s and the BETTER co-lead in Newfoundland and Labrador, will go over the BETTER approach to chronic disease prevention/screening designed for the primary healthcare setting.
In this webinar, you’ll learn about:
• The background to the BETTER approach, and how it uses high-level evidence-based strategies, resources and tools that currently exist in primary care to improve chronic disease prevention and screening.
• The patient-level intervention by a nurse or allied healthcare professionals, known as the prevention practitioner. Through brief action planning, the prevention practitioner and the patient develop a “Prevention Prescription” tailored to the patient based on his/her medical history and chronic disease risk.
• The results from the BETTER randomized controlled trial and the BETTER implementation study, and a discussion of the current BETTER WISE study.
• How you can be part of finding a BETTER way!
How To Join The Webinar
Wed, May 17, 2017 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM NDT
1. Click the link to join the webinar at the specified time and date:
Before joining, be sure to check system requirements to avoid any connection issues.
Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.
2. Choose one of the following audio options:
TO USE YOUR TELEPHONE:
If you prefer to use your phone, you must select "Use Telephone" after joining the webinar and call in using the numbers below.
Canada (Toll-free): 1 888 816 4438
Access Code: 893-511-657
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar
Webinar ID: 521-983-827